How to Clean your Sand Filter
How to Clean your Sand Filter using a Filter Cleaner Solution
Bioguard Filter Cleaner, removes dirt, scale, rust, body oils and cosmetics residues accumulated in filtration sand, helps increase the filtration performances and the life expectancy of the sand (normally 4 to 5 years).
- Raise the pool water to the maximum level above the skimmer.
- Backwash the filter.
- Turn pump off and make sure the skimmer basket is clean and empty.
- Return the filter dial valve to normal position and remove the lid on the pump.
- Dissolve one pouch of Bioguard Filter Cleaner in a 20L bucket of water.
- Add the dissolved solution the skimmer basket and turn the pump back on.
- When the basket is empty (roughly 5 seconds), turn the pump back off.
- After 6 hours change the position of the filter to “Backwash”, start the pump and let it run for 2 to 4 minutes. Stop the pump, put the filtration system on rinse for a minute, then return to the put the filtration system back to the “Filter” position and restart.